Greetings Pride of School 9 Families-
June is coming in like a R.O.A.R...ING Wind!
You should be receiving the June calendar sometime this week. However, listed below are dates to remember. Please mark your calendar! Details will be forthcoming for all upcoming events:
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016- The Pride of School 9 Spring Concert @ 9:30am
- Friday, June 3, 2016- Special Awards Day @ 9:15 am in the Auditorium (Parents are Welcomed)
- Sunday, June 5, 2016- SMART Volunteers @ the Westchester Manor (If you wish to purchase a ticket, contact the Main Office)
- Monday, June 6, 2016- Pre-K and K Transition Meeting @ 2:00pm in the Cafeteria
- Tuesday and Wednesday- June 7-8, 2016- Local Assessment (Building wide)
- Wednesday, June 9, 2016- Pride Field Day- Lennon Park on Lake Ave.(Morning and Afternoon Sessions)
- Friday, June 10, 2016- Kindergarten Moving Up Ceremony @ 9:30am in the Auditorium
- Monday, June 13, 2016- Pre-Kindergarten Moving Up Ceremony @ 9:30am in the Auditorium
- Monday through Friday- June 13-17, 2016- Scholastic Book Fair/Fathers' Day Boutique in the Family Welcome Center (Please support both events throughout the week)
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016- Pride Student Government/Safety Patrol End-of-the-Year Celebration- Family Welcome Center
- Thursday, June 23, 2016- Half-Day for Students Only
- Friday, June 24, 2016- Last Day/ Half Day for Students- Happy Summer Vacation
Please be aware that your child will be receiving Summer Reading with assignments. Allow them to do a little each day and make sure that they return them to their next year's teacher when they return in September!
On behalf of the Pride Teachers, CSEA, Office Staff and Myself, we wish you an enjoyable vacation with your children. Congratulations and Best Wishes to our 6th Grade Students as they move onto Prekindergarten through 8th Grade Schools!
Mrs. C. Thiam